Thursday 9 February 2012

Fun and easy.......

........and beautiful. I have blogged about this quilt before. It was not complete then but it is now finished. It is  hard to see but I used left over fabric for the binding.




It  is a great quilt for the beginner or for someone who has been quilting for awhile, and has lots of scraps. A young women I know has just started one. She has done lots of sewing but this is her first quilt! So exciting. I think she is hooked.

Also wanted to share a couple of pictures of a quilt that I quilted, but my daughter Janine pieced the top. This was one of her first attempts at quilting when she was in her teens. (She is now in her twenties and is into anything to do with fiber). She wanted to quilt it herself  but wanted it for her apartment so we decided I would quilt it so she could enjoy it. I wish the colours turned out better, but you get the idea.


Some of the quilting; I used an over all "plume" design. Not really feathers, but bits of feathers.





And last but not least, I cant resist showing pictures of one of the things I have on the go right now. It is of course scrappy, but selectively so. By that I mean I am using similar colours but using different fabrics to represent those colours, if that makes sense. You can get the pattern here. She has made it a print able one!



Thanks for sitting with me awhile. Hope there is a little time in your life for a "scrap" of creativity.

Keep an eye out for today's blessings.

D

1 comment:

  1. Love the string quilt Donna and the sampler too. Great job on the quilting!!
    I still spend more time picking out so usually send out my tops to be done. Wonderful : )

    ReplyDelete