Tuesday 14 February 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Dont you love it when something happens with the perfect timing, without planing. I finished this little table topper yesterday and put it on the kitchen table. (I know, it looks like it is bed size). Thought it looked great, like it was saying that spring is on its way even if it was in the minus high teens yesterday.



I got up this morning and realized it was Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's to me! Perfect timing.!

The quilt design is called "Lolly Pop Chain". So fun to do. You can find it on Leah's site. When her page comes up click on 'find a design' or type name of design in search box. She has over 365 designs! Also she shares almost everything you could ever want to know about FMQ.





I had a bit of a challenge finding something to use for the binding. I have this habit of planning tops but not backing and binding. So as I chip away at my pile of WIP there is a mad scramble to find something suitable. I had used most of the extra fabric that matches the top for the backing. I used three different pieces. Something I dont often do but liked how it turned out. It is a good way to use some of your stash. I did find one small piece, though, in the back of my fabric cupboard. It was a match and there was just enough.  

Hope everyone's Valentine's Day is full of chocolate, love and then chocolate!

Keep an eye open for today's blessings!

D

1 comment: