Thursday 30 June 2011

Off to the Philippines

The little quilty pictured below is off to the Philippines. My brother and his family are leaving Sat. for one year, to work with OMF, a missions organization there. I wanted them to have something I made, on their kitchen table.



The pattern is from a book that my daughter-in-law gave me, by Malka Dubrawsky called "Fresh Quilting", fearless color, design and inspiration. Her use of colour and techniques are amazing. If you want something to stretch you to use bright fabrics and not be too concerned about precise measuring this is the book for you. I would definately make this again. Have got to start collecting more brights!

The quilty is 20x30. I free motioned with a type of swirly design. I used precisely measured 5 inch blocks. Not ready to guesstimate size of blocks just yet. It was the first thing I made using my new dream machine, Pfaff
quilt expression 4.0. Still getting the kinks out (my kinks, not the machines!). It is amazing to use.

Happy July 1st!

Watch out for todays blessings!

D


1 comment:

  1. very nice Donna. My next post is about my finished string quilt too. I just got the binding on and took pics. Your machine looks great. cheers

    ReplyDelete