Tuesday 14 June 2011

Baby Deer!




While I was using my computer this morning, a mother with her brand new baby walked by my window! What an amazing blessing! You could tell the baby was new because his walk was still very wobbly. I scrambled for the camera but it was too late. All I got was a fuzzy backend picture as they walked out of the yard.






I am working on a couple of different projects. Practicing free motion skills on a quilt pieced by my sister about 20 years ago. I am trying some of the designs that Leah Day shares on her website. It is worth a visit or several visits. She is very talented. The yellow and green squares are two of her designs.

 


This picture is the back of the quilt so you can see the feathers I quilted.



The starfish is my design and there is one in each corner of the quilt on the border. The background and all the rest of the border is quilted with an "S" shape. (sort of) ;)


Thanks to my niece Sophie for helping me set up my blog. Don't know if I can figure it out with out her, but I will try.

Happy quilting!
Donna

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Donna. Welcome to the blogging world! The site looks great. I became a follower but don't know why my name is in plain view. Oh well. Maybe because I am the first? Have a great day and the free motion looks great. LOVE the starfish.

    ReplyDelete