Friday 25 January 2013

Happy New Year!

I realize that Jan. is almost over. Most quilters are well on their way to new projects and tackling the WIP pile as part of New Years resolutions. Dreaming of BOM patterns and considering what classes to take.  All the things that quilters do in Jan. because it gives us a new "start" so to speak.

I have had a delightful distraction, so have just started letting my brain go to quilty things. Our daughter got engaged over Christmas! We are so thrilled and excited. Her future husband is an amazing young man and we are happy to have him join our family. The wedding date is set for April 27, 2013.  We have been planning, making lists and dress shopping. What fun.


 


I also want to share this Christmas gift I received. It was from my daughter in law and son. It is special for two reasons. One, of course is because it came from them. My son made the frame. Second, the gift of something quilted is a gift that quilters don't often receive. I love gifts of quilted things. As quilters we tend to most often give gifts of quilting to people who don't quilt. That has been my experience anyway. Amazing eh! Thanks to you both!



Finally a sneak peak. Remember this quilt?




We are having very cold weather here in NS. Hope everyone is warm where ever you are!


Watch out for today's blessings.

3 comments:

  1. Hi donna. This picture of Jen is beautiful. Congrats to you both. Your quilting is looking amazing! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Beautiful picture of the two of them. And now for your quilting, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your daughter, and your family. What a special time for all of you. Your quilt looks beautiful. And what a very special thoughtful gift your kids made you. Your whole post was just fun to read about. If all made me happy for you.

    ReplyDelete