Friday 14 December 2012

Bits

I think that is the title of a lot of the blogs I post. I think one of my New Years resolutions should be to post more often. Smaller posts, that is the answer. I guess I am some what of a haphazard blogger. It just is not something I think about until I have a few things to share. It kind of catches up with me. Anyway will en devour to catch up.

First, I wanted to share about the new threads I ordered from Connecting Threads. As some of you know I recently started long arm quilting. So was trying out different threads. The polyester cones
work so well. Hardly any breakage at all. It is a fine thread which is the look that I like.




Next, finished this little quilt last week. It was a top that someone gave me. It is a scrappy one to say the least. There is every thing in there. Even fabric with tractors! I felt it deserved to be quilted. The same amount of work goes into a quilt top no mater what fabric is used. It was a good one for practicing on. I think it will make a great summer table topper, despite the odd Christmas fabric :)  Pics coming up. See if you can see the tractors. Quilt design is Angela Walter's.








The first and only mug rug I have made. It took a bit of time to make. Sorry it is side ways ;( I just know there is a way to fix that!





















Next a Christmas table topper. The hexies are about the size of a sandwich plate. Had a bit of trouble with the binding so went on line. Found a great tutorial. Here. Heather has a tutorial for the inner angle and the outer angle of hexies.




And last but not least, my niece Annie Rose at the long arm machine. After a little verbal instruction and two minutes practice on the side where the batting is,away she went. She just stepped up to the handles and pressed the start button. No fear or hesitation. The quilt that she is quilting on is her own design. She is a very talented young woman in so many areas. What a privilege to share the love of quilting with her.




Everyone is no doubt in the midst of preparing for Christmas. Remember the real reason for the season is the birth of our Saviour.

Watch out for today's blessings!




3 comments:

  1. How special to have your niece quilting with you. I am always so amazed that there is no hesitation, just a confidence and a go for it attitude. I didn't see the tractors, but I see your quilting is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is looking wonderful. You must have been doing a lot of practicing and it is paying off big time. Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous quilting Donna and way to go Annie!!!

    ReplyDelete