Friday 8 February 2013

Trips!

You know that saying "take a trip and never leave the farm" well she took a trip and never left the sewing room! This pattern just makes me happy! I was trying to be strategic about the block placement. Then I got to thinking it was a bit like life. You never know what life will throw at you. So am really tempted to, pretty much, pick up a block and use it. Turning the blocks to make the trip pattern and that is it. Yikes. It is a bit scary for me to do it that way. I made 64 blocks so the quilt will be 96x96. I want to practice a new design by Angela Walters. The quilting will not be too noticeable so that is perfect.




Also finished the last quilt that is going to Thailand. It is the Yellow brick road pattern, which is fun to do and fat quarter friendly. Most of the fabrics came from Connecting Threads. My daughter made the top and I quilted it.



We had some extra squares left over so put them in the back. The colour of backing is a nice bright green. Lost in translation!



We are bracing for a blizzard this weekend here in NS. Must dig out my hexies in case the power goes out.


Watch out for today`s blessings!

2 comments:

  1. Love your Trip quilt Donna. Good for you for making so many blocks too. I guess you are out of scraps? Ha ha
    Who's in Thailand to receive the lovely quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting on the yellow brick road quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete